Internet marketing is one of the best ways to generate interest in your business and it is very cost effective too. Many though, overcomplicate things when it comes to their marketing strategies. The purpose in this article here is for the below top internet marketing strategies ideas to give you a starting point in the future when you feel some work is due.
So what are the top internet marketing strategies you should consider?
- Offer something of great value for free or update your existing free offer.
- Get a blog, make it niche and update it regularly and actively promote it to generate interest. Blogging has leveraged the online world and it can be a piece of cake regardless of people perceiving it as a daunting task. It’s effective and it won’t cost you an arm and a leg.
- If you’re not camera shy, make use of video marketing. Youtube is free to use and uploading some helpful tutorials will show you’re a capable and professional company/person who knows their stuff. Establish yourself as an industry expert, nobody’s going to do it for you or give you the title.
- Look into pay-per-click advertising. Placing ads on Facebook, LinkedIn, Google AdWords, etc will expose your website to thousands of visitors every day for a relatively small fee.
- Get a SEO strategy in place and follow through with it if you want to increase visitors to your site and rank higher on search engines. This is a vast realm in itself, read Search Engine Optimization (SEO) In 11 Easy Steps.
- Build a list and keep in-touch with the people from that list. Provide value, don’t bore people to death or spam them with 10 emails per day every day. Again, provide value first and gain trust before enticing them with an offer.
- Be active on social media sites. This is one of the most effective internet marketing strategies if used right. Every time you offer something for free post it on your blog then share that link on your social media accounts. Social signals are helping your site rank higher in search engines.
- Learn how to generate effective sales copy. Write press releases and post them on relevant forums to generate interest and back-links to your website. If you are not comfortable writing content just find a great third party company that provides a good service and outsource it, there are many article writers out there on this thing called ‘the internet’.
- Use tracking tools such as Google Analytics to find out what advertising works and what doesn’t. Don’t waste your money and time on things that don’t work.
- Generate an affiliate marketing program. This will provide customers with the opportunity to gain a small percentage(or other type or reward) every time they refer someone to your site to buy something.
Internet marketing strategies work in sync to give you visibility and generate sales. Used effectively, the internet is one of the most effective marketing tools out there. It’s not rocket science, there are many small things that come together to push you or your company in front of target buyers. You just need to partialy dedicated yourself to it and realise it’s importance in the overall business plan.