Being involved in marketing and web development for over ten years now, I’ve seen many business owners getting excited about their new site. They get the required CMS/CRM functionality build in, choose a modern feel then set it live and start their website pointed marketing campaigns waiting for conversions.
Creating a website is one thing, generating sales from visitors is quite another. I always thought your website should be viewed as a marketing system that works stand alone and also as the landing place for your external marketing campaigns.
Below I’m pointing out a few things that I think will increase conversions, things that are very often missed by business owners in their haste to get things rolling. I’ll keep it brief…
- Create calls to action in your web content. To increase online sales people need to know what to do next and where to click to buy your product. Keep it simple and point them in the right direction.
- Focus on your visitors. Your copy must clearly state what you can do for them and not focus on you and your business.
- Open sales letters and ads with a compelling headline. Tell the consumer why your product will benefit them straight away to generate interest and more sales.
- Offer a limited time discount on certain products. This generates urgency and will convince visitors to buy now or miss out later.
- Add various images for each product. This shows that the product is real and visitors can clearly see what they are buying.
- Suggest related products when visitors view an item to give them the opportunity to impulse buy.
- Research your competition. Similar businesses may be offering something you aren’t or have better value for money. Compete effectively to increase online sales.
- Allow customers to be active in your website by allowing them to review your products.
- Make use of online video to demonstrate how your product works. This will show the benefits of your product(s) and increase online sales.
- Create an affiliate marketing program where others advertise your products and make a small percentage of profit every time a sale is made.
- Establish trust by including testimonials from previous buyers.
- Build a relationship with existing customers by sending out emails regularly. This will generate repeat business and therefore increase online sales.
To your success,